The next Graduate Conference for Adaptation and Textual Studies, which is jointly hosted by the Centre for Textual Studies and Centre for Adaptations, will take place on 8 September 2015 at De Montfort University in Leicester. Keynote speakers of the conference are Dr Natasha Alden, Aberystwyth University, and Professor Ian Gadd, Bath Spa University.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Textual and visual representations, interpretations of and responses to conflict,
- Adaptations which respond to past and/or present conflicts (including perceived conflicts within the discipline itself, be they intellectual, methodological, pedagogical etc),
- Conflictual relationships between artistic, critical and intellectual movements,
- Processes and agents shaping the design, production, dissemination and consumption of texts,
- Theoretical or bibliographical methodologies,
- Intellectual conflicts surrounding the emergence of new media and technologies,
- Competing or contradictory representations of conflict through identical or different expressive forms,
- State involvement in the production, dissemination and consumption of texts in times of conflict,
- The evolution of media forms and their impact on conflict-based studies.
Proposals for 15- or 20-minute papers are invited. The deadline for abstracts is 5 June 2015. Bursaries to cover up to £50 of expenses and free registration are available.
See the website for details.