The 21st Congress of the International Comparative Literature Association (ICLA) will be held at the University of Vienna, Austria on 21-27 July 2016. The congress theme is ‘the many languages of comparative literature’. In 2016, for the first time, the theme of a congress organised by the ICLA will be ‘language’ – language in all its meanings and embedded in various contexts.
The ICLA Congress is organised under five sections:
- The arts as universal code
- Language – The essence of world literature
- Many cultures, many idioms
- The language of thematics
- Comparatists at work – professional communication
Proposals, which may be written in English, German, or French, are invited for topics related to these five sections. The deadline is 31 August 2015.
Visit the website for details.